With her involvement in HypnoBirthing since 2005, and as a practicing midwife, Amanda is the Go-To Expert when it comes to personalizing your birth experience.
Couples often due to business or work commitments prefer this option. One on one tuition to make sure all your questions and education is met privately. This option is often used by couple chosen to homebirth as it keeps all care in home.
HypnoBirthing® is as much a philosophy of birth as it is a technique for achieving a satisfying, relaxing, and stress-free method of birthing. HypnoBirthing® teaches you, along with your birthing companion, the art and joy of experiencing birth in a more comfortable manner.
Amanda will empower yourself and your birth partner with the knowledge and tools you need for a calm, relaxed and enjoyable birth experience.
What You Will Learn in HypnoBirthing® Classes:
Unit 1: Building A Positive Expectancy
• Introduction to the remarkable HypnoBirthing® philosophy
• The History of Women and Birthing
• Why and how you can have an easier, more comfortable, and safer birthing
• How Nature perfectly designed women’s bodies to birth
• How to assist, rather than resist, your natural birthing instincts
• The vocabulary for calm and gentle birthing.
• Visualizing gentle births by viewing beautiful birthing videos
Unit 2: Falling in Love with Your Baby/Preparing Mind & Body
• The remarkable mind of your newborn baby—Prenatal bonding techniques
• Rapid and instant self-relaxation techniques and deepening techniques
• Breathing techniques for labour and birthing
• Hypnotic relaxation and visualization
• Selecting the right care provider
• The Birth companion’s role in birthing
• Preparing your body for birthing with massage and toning
Unit 3: Getting Ready to Welcome your Baby
• Preparing Birth Preference Sheets
• Preparing the Body for Birthing
• Light Touch Labour Massage
• Your body working for and with you
• Avoiding artificial induction and achieving a natural start to labour
• Releasing negative emotions, fears and limiting thoughts.
Unit 4: An overview of Birthing – A Labour of Love
• Onset of Labour – Thinning and Opening Phase
• Birth explained simply
• Settling in at the hospital or birthing centre
• Preparing for home birth – or baby’s choice of birth
• As labour moves along – passing time through labour
• Hallmarks of labour
• If labour rests or slows – Companion’s prompts and activities
• As labour advances – birthing with your baby
• Protecting the natural birthing experience
• Birth rehearsal imagery
Unit 5: Birth – Breathing Love – Bringing Life
• Moving into birthing
• Positions for descent and birthing
• Breathing baby down to birth
• Baby moves to the breast
• Family bonding with your baby
- Classes ideally to be started between 20- 36 weeks gestation.
- They consist of 5 x 2.5 hour lessons. All materials included.
- Bookings essential.
- Payment Plans Available
- Private Health Insurance Rebates may apply.